07557 058 343 - email@example.com
I love taking the children outside to explore and I’m a big fan of the benefits of outdoor play. So I became a member of the Forest Childcare Association who share my commitment to outdoor play and learning.
Forest Childcare is about giving children the opportunity to spend time in the great outdoors. It is about having a passion to deliver a wonderful outdoor experience to the children I look after.
Parents want their children to spend more time outdoors and to go on more outings. As a childminder I can take children on more outings than nurseries can. My cottage not only has a large garden, but is perfectly situated next to fields, forests and rivers, so there's always somewhere to explore and have an adventure.
The Five Principles of Forest Childcare
Forest Childcare has 5 principles that those practicing Forest Childcare agree to:
1. The Forest Childcare Provider takes the children to an outdoor environment normally once a week.
2. Forest Childcare outings are made as safe as is reasonably possible by the childcare provider while encouraging children to learn to take their own risks.
3. Forest Childcare outings are taken all year long, so children go outside whatever the weather.
4. The Forest Childcare Provider offers a mixture of planned and child-led play activities to the children.
5. The Forest Childcare Provider is first aid certified